Wednesday, April 6, 2011

SOTD: Etienne Aigner No 2



Etienne Aigner No 2 (1976)

Another men's scent that gets a big thumbs up from me. Clean and soapy in the best way, as if woodland fairies had created a cleansing tonic made from all the finest pickings from some wild alpine meadow. No 2 is a eau de toilette but has a cologne feeling. It never fails to uplift, energize and calm me. Plus it has a wonderful soothing dry-down and packs great lasting power. Some sources claim No. 2 is still in production but after looking around a bit, I think it may be fading away. If you're looking for a cologne style scent for summer- and have been craving something off the beaten path, with a vintage flare, but still accessible online for a reasonable price of around $50, then look no further. Very 'unisex', if you believe in such male/female scent distinctions.

Top Notes: Lavender, Clary Sage, Bergamot, Lemon
Middle Notes: Geranium, Vetiver, Heliotrope, Fern, Sandal, Orris, Cedarwood, Rose
Base Notes: Musk, Moss, Vanilla, Tonka Bean, Labdanum

The Vintage Perfume Vault, where the scent of yesterday's vogue lives.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello

I noticed that you used some of my photos on a previous post. My userid is asense4scents and was wondering if you would add my userid to where to buy vintage perfumes. I am a seller on ebay and have an extensive collection of the vintage scents and bottles.

Best regards
asense4scents (ebay) userid

Amelia said...

Absolutely- I try to include a tag or mention at the bottom of my posts but I admit I have gotten sometimes lazy- but I also buy perfumes from you quite often and can vouch you are a great Ebay seller!

Unknown said...

Hi Amelia

I appreciate the link on your site. If I can help you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best regards