Friday, October 15, 2010

Happy Friday from the 'vault!

Postcard featuring actress and singer Lily Elsie

Lots of catching up to do, but pressing schedules means it still be a few days before I begin to get to it. Oh well. In the meantime, the little scented goodies and goblins keep trickling in- and I can't wait to share them with you.

Today (and actually all week), I'm wearing a non-vintage Penhaligon's Lily & Spice. Really lovely if you like your lily a la Un Lys or Donna Karan Gold, but with the spice leaning towards saffron; it manages to be lighter and simpler than either of those. Well suited to the modern gal but I think it would've been worn equally well by a vintage beauty like the lovely Lily Elsie.

Some people think L&S suffers from poor longevity but it lasts and lasts (overnight, into the next morning) on me so I have to give it high marks all around.  I hope you're wearing something equally blissful today!

The Vintage Perfume Vault, where the scent of yesterday's vogue lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice hat and thanks for all the information you provide about perfume, love reading your blogs.

Amelia said...

Hey, thanks for that and Happy Halloween!